Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Holidays

I love the holiday season. LOVE IT!  And I actually feel like I have time to enjoy it this year.  We had a fabulous Thanksgiving in the Dallas area with David's family.  We rushed out the door and forgot the camera, so I don't really have many photos to prove it, but the memories are still there.  Lots of neices and nephews, fried turkey (so yummy - thanks Mike!), time to relax with the family, time to help Gordon and Sarah move from an apartment to a new rental house, a complimentary massage (which was fabulous - thanks Jean!), a temple visit, a baby blessing, and so much more.  

To me, though, one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is gearing up for Christmas.  I know there are many people who like to separate the two holidays...in fact, I saw this posted and reposted on facebook (and I admit it made me laugh)


 ...but the way I look at it, what greater blessing do we have to be thankful for than the birth, life, ministry, atonement, and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ?  That is definitely the biggest blessing I have, and what better way to say "thank you" than to get in the Christmas spirit?  And now that December is here, it is OFFICIALLY Christmas time....and I actually feel like I have the chance to soak it all in and enjoy it this year.  Maybe it's the luxury of being a stay-at-home mom.  I find that I'm singing Christmas carols more often because Alasyn is around to sing them to, and that I'm thinking about the Savior more often because I'm surrounded by nativity scenes in my spruced-up and freshly decorated home. 

Welcome Christmas!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive