This past Sunday I got called into the Primary presidency in our ward. (For those not familiar with LDS lingo - the Primary is an organization for children ages 18 mo. to 11 years and a ward is a congregational grouping based on geographic boundaries.) I am the second counselor, and my specific stewardship is over the 8-11 year olds...including everything associated with the Cub Scout program. This is definitely new ground for me. I have no idea where to begin when it comes to Scouts...so I guess I'll just begin at the Scouting office. I have to go and get registered as a Scout leader, so hopefully they'll be able to give me plenty of useful information.
I have also finally heard back from SAISD, and hallelujah - I've been board approved. I went in to the district office today to sign my life away, but I still don't have a lot of details about my specific assignment. I know that I'll be teaching Biology at the Central Freshmen Campus (thus teaching little teenagers). I also know that I'm required to attend a new teacher curriculum day on August 8 and my inservice days begin on August 12, but I have no clue about the details of the inservice days or of specifics relating to my campus. I do have an appointment to meet with my principal on July 1, however, so hopefully I can get the rest of this enigma solved before I leave San Angelo for 3 weeks.
As for updates on David, he's doing well and is enjoying his training, but of course he misses family and home too. Lately his training has focused around weaponry and Humvees. The environment is hot and humid, and since he's training for Iraq he has to wear full gear everyday, all day. (Full gear including bullet-proof vest, helmet, etc.) He's also growing a mustache, much to my dismay. ;) He claims that the mustache is to improve squad unity. All the guys in David's squad have agreed to grow out their mustaches until the end of training, although a few of them have already shaved it off. David promised to shave off his mustache as soon as I see it, take a picture, and kiss him just once. (He better have a razor and some shaving cream in his pocket.) I'll make sure to post the "stache picture" after he gets back from training - in just ONE WEEK! I'm quite excited!
During David's 3 weeks of leave we're going to be doing a lot of traveling. We'll be in Dallas from July 3-July 8, in Washington D.C. from July 9-July 14, in Oklahoma City from July 15-18, in San Angelo from July 19-July 22, in Fredericksburg on July 23, and then back in Dallas from July 24-26. (The 26th is David's next report date.) SO, long story short, I'll have plenty of fun and pictures to post soon.
6 comments:
Boy, even the ward wants to keep you busy :) Scouting isn't so bad as long as you can read, and be tough, so I think you'll be just fine. As for you travel dates...if I wasn't already stuck at my parents house, we come see you in DC...the pageant in Palmyra starts that weekend too, which is worth the drive if you have the time :) Have fun!!
David a mustache like Papa wears?
I can't wait to see the picture! Wow, Robyn they don't want you to sit down or anything do they?
Thanks for the update, I love getting the news.
Robyn,
Sounds like as usual you have it all together. Thanks for the update.
Hey there roomie!!! I found your cute blog through Ande's and it's so fun to see your cute pictures and catch up on the times. First of all, I can't believe that you have a SNAKE! Your love of biology never ceases to amaze me...and second of all, it has been far too long since I've seen you. You should check out my blog sometime and we can keep in touch. http://koellikerfam.blogspot.com Love you!
Fredericksburg as in VA? You should come see me! Yes, you should. ;) We're pretty close to there. And by close I mean... 3 or 4 hours. hehe STILL! It's closer than Texas!
Hugs!
Post a Comment