Flowers AND a night with hubby. Who could ask for a better day?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
My Darling Husband
Yesterday was such a wonderful day, and it's all because of my darling husband! I had a few hours of training yesterday for SAISD. About half way through the meeting they were giving away door prizes. After the door prizes were all handed out, someone walked up to the microphone and said "Delivery for Robyn Becker" and was holding in her hand a beautiful boquet of white roses and lilies. This room was packed with teachers - mostly female of course - and an audible "Awwww...." sounded across the room. I picked up the boquet and sure enough, the cute little card sticking out of the flowers had a sweet note from David.
Flowers always makes an okay day a much better day, but I got an extra special treat that evening that made my much better day into an amazing day. About 7:30 last night David called me and asked "what are you doing at 9:30?" My response: "Talking to you". His response: "Face to face?" David and another soldier were on assignment to take an injured comrad (broken leg) home to Brownwood. They were originally supposed to make it to Brownwood and back to their camp all in the same day, but Brownwood is a good distance from Powderly TX. Their superior officer called them not too long after they had started back and told them that they should sleep in Brownwood (David's interpretation = San Angelo) for the night and head back in the morning. So they did! David got into San Angelo about 9:45 last night and had to leave at 6:30 this morning, but some time with him is better than no time with him and I'll take what I can get. It was so refreshing to have him home again, even if it was only a couple of hours.
Flowers AND a night with hubby. Who could ask for a better day?
Flowers AND a night with hubby. Who could ask for a better day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Beautiful! I am proud of my son!
That's so cool!!
What a sweet husband! I'm sure that flowers and a surprise visit makes your time apart much more bearable. Way to go David for taking such good care of my roomie!!!
How sweet of him! I would be going absolutely bananas. I have a hard time when Peter works late let alone being gone for a year!!!
That is just so cute! It was great to hear about some of the things that you are doing. come find us at sandmhartley.blogspot.com. We miss hearing from you.
Looks like I need to meet this sweet hubby! I'm so glad he surprised you...surprises are the best!
Post a Comment