At least it has for the past two weeks, and I hope it continues to fly for the next 5 months while I wait for David to come home again - for good.
David arrived home for his 2 week leave of duty on March 10. It all went by so fast, but it was so nice to have him home again. It's funny how the mind forgets things when someone - even someone as intimately close to you as a spouse - is away for a long period of time. Little things - like how much they make you laugh, how engaging conversation can be when it's not limited to telephone lines and internet connections, how fun it is to catch them singing in the shower, how cute they are when they get excited about something, how handsome they are to begin with, how they really are your perfect opposite and compliment you in so many ways, how comfortable you are in their arms, how at ease you feel when they are near, and how they can still stop you in your tracks and make you think "Wow. How did I get so lucky?" It was refreshing to have David home again - if anything it helped to reaffirm and reassure me that I really AM married, and that I really AM married to my best friend, who happens to be the most amazing man I've ever met. The visit definitely wasn't long enough, but at least I know that the next time I hold him in the airport at Mathis Field, that the tears in my eyes will be because he's home to stay. Finally, he will be home to stay.
8 comments:
Aww! Thank you for the reminder that I am blessed to have my hubby around everyday. Thank you for allowing us to hang out with y'all during your precious time with David home. I hope the time flies for you too!
Awww...this was so good! I have tears in my eyes:) I'm glad you got to be with him!
Ok. My first thought was Aww... But That one has been over used already... That was the sweetest post Robyn. I'm sure it would be so hard to be away from Marcus, but I intend to never find out. The next 5 months will fly!
You are not supposed to make people cry. I love you!
What a beautiful post; I'm so glad that you were able to spend time together and I think everyone will be happy when he's home for good and safe and sound.
I am glad that you got to spend that time with him. I am also glad that he is safe and in one piece. Sorry it wasn't long enough for you though. Love ya!
It is so good to see you both together. We are definitely going to backpack together when he gets home and you both feel a little more settled in. By the way... we are getting a dog and we have a name (we think), but we wanted some ideas from you and David first.
That was really good that he got to come home. I'm glad you got to spend time with him. I think that when you don't have kids, it is a little bit harder. i have the 3 kids to keep me completly occupied 24/7!! Can't wait till you get him home for good!!! hope you don't mind, I added you to my page!
Post a Comment