Sunday, March 1, 2009

Unions and Reunions

This weekend was happily packed with unions and reunions. The UNION was the catalyst for the REUNIONS, and such wonderful unions and reunions they were.

The UNION:


On Saturday, my little brother Jim married his best friend and sweetheart, Karisa. They make a beautiful couple, and I honestly can say that Karisa brings out the best in Jim. He's always been a good kid, a wonderful brother, and a joy to be around, but Karisa magnifies that by 10 because she lights up his world. I am excited, along with the other Clemens, to welcome Karisa into the family. She's so COMFORTABLE to be around, and she fits right into the Clemens clan like she was meant to be there all along. Congratulations you two!

The REUNIONS:


Jim and Karisa's wedding was reason enough for many of my favorite people to all end up in the same place at the same time. I was able to see and spend time with friends and family - some of which I haven't seen in years! What I love about reunions - and this one in particular - is that when you meet back up with people you love and have deep friendships with, it feels like no time has passed and everything is as it should be. So thank you - Hillary, Ellen, Aunt Elaine and Uncle Laren, Pace and Liz, Logan and Heather, Branae, Julie and Jon, Ande and Pete, Steph and Marshall, Norm and Barb, Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Brian, Uncle Blake and Aunt Sharon, Uncle Ted and Aunt Nancy, Uncle Dale and Aunt Wilma, Denis and Lisa, Kris and Billy, and Bro and Sis Brienholt. I love you all SO much and was so excited to see you - even if the reunion didn't last long enough.

5 comments:

Hillary Clemens said...

My thoughts exactly. Sis you are the best. Its so good to stay up late and read books, wake up and laugh and just be where you're at! And by the way - no one I'd rather drive the teeny tiny car with.

Mimi said...

They look so happy can't wait for this weekend when I can meet her!

Elaine said...

It was such a fun time to see all of you again. I am so looking forward to August, when we can sit and laugh and have a good time. Thanks for being such a great family.

Love you, Elaine

Phannie said...

I love you too. I was talking to Jen who was completely disappointed that she couldn't be there this weekend and we think that we should start planning an annual reunion for the roommies, or maybe every two or three years. Don't you think that would be fun? If it was every few years we could all plan and save to come and plan some amazing things to do.

Phannie said...

You can change the setting to not clog up your inbox. That was the first thing I did when I went through the settings tab.

Blog Archive