Friday, August 21, 2009

At least he's in Texas

Now I play the waiting game, and all the while try to avoid saying horrible and judgemental things about the Army. David left Iraq earlier this week (thank goodness!) and now he's sitting in El Paso wading through the demobilzation process. Really, he's WAITING through the demobilization process. The soldiers stay busy for about 4 or 5 hours out of their day, and then they are told that they can't move on with anything else till tomorrow. So they take naps, go to the gym, eat something at the on-base Burger King, and watch movies on their laptops while they and their families watch the clock tick and hope that some super-cosmic force will cause the Earth to spin faster so that tomorrow comes earlier and more progress can be made on the list of things that have to get done before they can go home. Rumor has it that David should be done on Monday but that they won't actually release him till Tuesday. I'm glad he's in Texas. Now I just wish it was Tuesday.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Hurry Tuesday! We're excited to here that he's back in the states. We love you guys!

Sarah Kathryn said...

It seams harder knowing he is closer and I'm just his pesky little sister ;)

I can't wait until we get to see him. I cried just talking to him Wednesday morning....my friend said I can just blame it on the hormones though. :-)

jlake said...

I'm sorry you have to wait until Tuesday...that would drive me crazy, but WAHOO that it's SO close..we are so happy for you guys!

Blog Archive