Sunday, July 19, 2009

On the road again. Almost.

My summer has been CRAMMED with travel, family, friends, and more fast food restaurants than I want to openly admit. So far, I've visited the states of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Missouri, and Washington. In 4 days I'll be leaving on my next excursion where I will add Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona to the list. Needless to say, I'm keeping myself very busy and having a wonderful time of it. It's nice however to be home for a few days, to regroup, to sleep, and to prepare for the busy life that I will have the privilege to claim when my "care-free" summer subsides.

In that busy life I will be readjusting to having my husband home (something that I'm really looking forward to, of course), searching for, buying and moving into a new house (hopefully), teaching six sections of high school biology (the first six weeks is always uber-caotic), and teaching early morning seminary (6:00 a.m. - yikes!). Life never seems to slow down, does it? Except for...

TODAY. Thank goodness for Sundays - the only day that I really take time to STOP. BREATHE. RELAX. The Lord definitely knew what he was doing when he established this day as a day of rest. Tomorrow I will be starting the pre-trip preparations for U.S. Tour #2, but for today I'm tossing around the options of napping, reading a good book, taking my dog on a leisurely walk (which may not be possible - usually it's the dog who decides how leisurely his walks are), and making chocolate chip cookies - with the eating of them as a natural addendum. Hmm... Maybe I'll choose "all of the above."

2 comments:

Kris Hewitt said...

Please make some time to come out our way. We have a two bedroom place now so you and David can have your own room and we can return the favor (at least for a portion of time) that you extended to us. Don't think I have forgotten so easily. I miss you SOOO much! I can only empathize with you in small (and by small I mean very tiny) part now that Billy is gone. Totally different to be apart when your married. How did I do this so well when we were engaged? Oh yeah, you were around!

Mimi said...

congratulations on the Seminary class! I am a few days late reading your blog so you are probably in the thick of your next adventure. Hope you are having a great time

Blog Archive