For summer sewing project #1 (aka - I-have-very-little-experience-and-it's-been-a-long-time-since-I've-attempted-anything-like-this project), I think these turned out pretty well. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of David and Alasyn WEARING these, but when I get one I'll make sure to update this post with that too.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Summer Sewing Project #1
For those of you who know David well, you know that he loves "classic" things that are no longer in style...and then once they become stylish again he won't wear them. :) David has 2 bow ties that he loves to wear, and even though he wears a standard tie 3 or 4x more often than his bow ties, all the little kids at church know him as the "bow tie man". For a while now, David has been talking about how he wants to get a self-tie bow tie. (The 2 he has are set bows with clasps.) So, for Father's Day I thought it might be fun to make him one. And since it was for Father's Day, I decided to make Alasyn an outfit so she could match Daddy. I found the bow tie pattern on some random guy's blog here, and I made up the pattern for Alasyn's skirt with a little inspiration from my sister-in-law Sarah (using one of those stretchy headbands as the waist band) and from another baby skirt that someone recently gave us.
For summer sewing project #1 (aka - I-have-very-little-experience-and-it's-been-a-long-time-since-I've-attempted-anything-like-this project), I think these turned out pretty well. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of David and Alasyn WEARING these, but when I get one I'll make sure to update this post with that too.
For summer sewing project #1 (aka - I-have-very-little-experience-and-it's-been-a-long-time-since-I've-attempted-anything-like-this project), I think these turned out pretty well. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of David and Alasyn WEARING these, but when I get one I'll make sure to update this post with that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CUTE!!! I love it! I wish Andy would match the girls for church!!!
SO cute! I want one! I try to be crafty and the simplest projects take forever and frustrate me to no end!! You did great!
They look so great! Such a good idea
Those are adorable!
Post a Comment