Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Alasyn's 1st Birthday

She turned one on September 29th. Yes - I know it's December and I know that she is now 14 months old, but I just couldn't let this major event slip by without a proper debut in cyberspace. Late is better than never. :)

My mom and dad came over for a small family birthday party for Alasyn, complete with cake and a few gifts. I made her a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I didn't want her to go on a complete sugar and fat overload, so I reduced the sugar and used apple sauce instead of oil. The cake was still very yummy, so I was hoping for a full on dive-into-the-cake scene. What I got was quite a bit short of that...a slow but steady savoring of cake - well, icing mostly - one orange-drop morsel at a time. After she got done with the orange icing drops, then she branched out to the rest of the icing on the cake...and I think she enjoyed the feeling of it in her hands as much as she enjoyed the taste of it in her mouth. She got a little bit of cake in there too, but I think her preference for the cream cheese icing should have been an obvious foreshadowing. She LOVES cheese, she loves everything that has even a hint of sweet (naturally of course - who could blame her) and now she HATES carrots.













1 comment:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Happy birthday Alasyn! 2 1/2 months late :)

Blog Archive