Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hometown Happiness

We finally made it back to San Angelo...or as David likes to put it, back in "Texas". (He claims that Houston isn't REAL Texas.) It feels good to be here, and both of us have decided that San Angelo truly is "home". It might be the lack of humidity or the drastic decrease in air pollution, but San Angelo has made both of us feel more vibrant. David especially. It's been a long time since I've seen him as hyper and as full of life as he has been in the past couple of days.

Speaking of hometown and hometown news, I got a job for the 2008-2009 schoo year!!! I'll be teaching at the CFC (Central Freshmen Campus). I know that I have a biology position, but I don't know yet whether I'll be teaching on-level or honors biology. After my hire has been "board approved" I'll be able to contact the campus prinicpal to get all the details.

Now for the REAL reason we're back in San Angelo. David reported to training yesterday, so this is his first FULL day of his first training session. (There will be three in total before he is shipped to Iraq.) It was hard to see him leave and even harder to realize that I won't see him again for a month. A month seems like an awfully long time to go without seeing my husband, but I guess I'm being trained while he's beeing trained. Hopefully this month will prepare me for the long haul that'll come my way later this year.

We still don't know David's official deployment date to Iraq. However, he did find out his scheduled RETURN date - September 9, 2009. (Of course this is on the current schedule which is bound to change 3-4 times by military convention.) We'll keep you posted as more details come!

So while David is playing soldier I'll be living with my parents and teaching. I'm so relieved that I finally got a job in San Angelo. I was worried that I'd have to settle for being a substitute teacher again...not the best way to pass time that you wish would only go faster. Teaching, by nature, is a very busy job, and it'll be a relief to be busy over the next year.

4 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

Hang in there! At least you are around family. Whenever I am away from Tom it makes it easier to be around family as well as of course be busy. Family seems to soften the blows though...especially mom and dad :)

Andrea said...

A month can feel like an eternity! I spent a month away from Peter just before our first anniversary and it was HORRIBLE!! I did do it by choice, but I did it more to help out Heather while she had Adam. I was pg too, so that didn't help. You will pull through, know you are always welcome here with me and you can call me anytime day or night! I love you and will be there for you all the time. Are you gonna make it up here this summer? OH and congrats on the job!

laurenthequeen said...

Congratulations on the job! I'm glad you guys are back in SA and close to family. We sure do miss you guys!

suzeq said...

Ok so what is wrong with being a substitue? After all some of the best people you have ever met that are friendly and just more than words can say. . . .need I say more. . . are the best people around.

Glad to know you have gotten a job. It will keep you busy. Keep in touch.

Blog Archive